The Lost On Radio Spotify Playlist champions unsigned bands & independent artists. We showcase incredible new artists that are being overlooked by radio, or pushed to the late night fringes.
The Lost On Radio Spotify Playlist is curated by the Right Chord Music editorial team it’s a democracy, if we love it, we playlist it. No radio pluggers or PR agencies required. To get your music on our playlist, visit our contact page. Submit your music, or recommend your favourite new artists.
Discover this week’s featured artists
- Lewisburg – Slow Morning
- Oliver Riot – Ivory Black
- Old Cities – Again
- We Three Kings – The Barrel
- Patawawa – Fight Me
- Ay Wing – Ice Cream Dream
- Saba Abraha – Do’s & Dont’s
- Wander Marchal – Sacred
- Sarah Connolly – Eye of a Bird
- The Daydream Club – I Miss Your Wonderful Face
Help us support unsigned bands & independent artists
Support independent artists by listening back to all previous episodes of the Lost On Radio Podcast and Playlist here. Click our Spotify follow button below to ensure you never miss a new playlist. We now reinvest a proportion of our profits from Major Labl to promote the artists featured on Lost On Radio.
Spotify playlists are important for unsigned bands
Daytime radio is dominated by major label artists. Consequently as an unsigned band it is incredibly difficult to secure day time radio play-listing. Hiring a radio plugger is expensive and for unsigned artists the cost frequently outweighs the returns. Faced with these challenges Spotify provides a powerful and credible alternative way for unsigned artists to build buzz and earn an income.
Although landing a place on an official Spotify playlist can have a dramatic impact on your income, competition is fierce. Therefore, getting your music on independent playlists like Lost On Radio can provide a vital stepping stone to build online buzz to get on Spotify’s radar.
The Lost On Radio Podcast
Lost On Radio began as a Podcast back in 2011, the show attracted listeners from over 80 different countries and was broadcast on 7 radio stations, in five different countries (US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK). After producing a total of 201 episodes we took the decision to move a weekly Spotify playlist. Listen back to all previous episodes here.
Relevant reading and resources
- Visit Major Labl, the new company by Right Chord Music. It’s like a label, but for unsigned artists.
- Fans Not Fame: An alternative approach to promoting unsigned bands
- How to get your music on Spotify playlists, advice from a band that have done it
- Unsigned bands, stop wasting your money on radio pluggers
- What unsigned bands can learn from Disney