The Daydream Club, best known for their stripped back acoustic folk sound, have been on their holidays. Along with their hectic summer festival schedule, the duo have found time to take a break from their usual sound to remix three exciting new artists. Tigers That Talked, (One of Steve Lamacq’s favourite new bands). The hotly tipped Australian four piece: Blackchords and rising Russian indie-electro stars: Coockoo. All three remixes are synth heavy, summer-tinged, dance-floor-fillers.
This Friday The Daydream Club release the final instalment of their EP. “The Daydream Club Presents…” an intimate Podcast, which sees the duo returning to their roots, selecting their favourite new music, and playing exclusive, live versions of their own tracks to soothe your ears after a summer of big nights out, and music festival excess.
The Daydream Club Presents Track-listing:
1. Shy And The Fight – Specks of Blue http://www.shyandthefight.net
2. John Smith – The Fear, The Horror http://www.johnsmithjohnsmith.com
3. The Daydream Club – The Record Shop (Live) http://www.thedaydreamclub.com
4. House of Trees – Through A Veil – http://www.myspace.com/houseoftreesmusic
5. Humble He – Opt – http://www.myspace.com/humblehe
6. The Daydream Club – Alarms Ring Out (Live) http://www.thedaydreamclub.com
7. Hannah Peel – Solitude http://www.myspace.com/hanpeel
8. The Daydream Club – In The Arms of Another Day http://www.thedaydreamclub.com
All three remixes & the Podcast are available for FREE download from The Daydream Club Bandcamp page: http://thedaydreamclub.bandcamp.com The Podcast will also be available on iTunes and MixCloud.